Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The way to a man's heart...

Is through
Cupcakes!!!
Have I mentioned that I Love Love Love to make cupcakes.  I love to experiment.  I love to find new ways to make them YUMMY!!  So for Valentines Day yesterday I made an order for a friend of six Snickers Cupcakes and six "Chocolate Indulgence" cupcakes.  And then I made a special cupcake for me and Big B for V-Day.  I called it the "Bleeding Heart"  YUM! I use a devils food cake as the base cake for all three.  Here is my favorite Devils Food cake recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups butter
  • 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/4 cups hot water
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sour cream
  The Snickers cupcakes have a FROZEN bite sized Snickers bar in the middle.  I place that in the batter prior to baking.  Then I top the cupcake with a salted butter cream and ganache (see bottom for recipes).  Soooo good!
Snickers Cupcake

For the "Chocolate Indulgence" I use the base cake.  I inject the center with ganache once it is baked, top with my super secret (best ever) chocolate butter cream recipe, the top with more ganache. Heaven in your mouth!
"Chocolate Indulgence" Cupcake

For the "Bleeding Heart" I use the same base cake as above.  After baking I inject my super yummy strawberry filling into the middle (see below for recipe).  I top with my super secret chocolate butter cream and ganache.  This cupcake was TO DIE FOR!  Big B LOVED it! 

"Bleeding Heart" Cupcake


Inside of the "Bleeding Heart" Soooooooo Goooooooood!!!!!

Oh and notice how great my pictures look today??  I figured out how to set my own White Balance on my camera.  No more yellow tinge.  None of the preset WB liked my kitchen lighting.  I love the last picture!! I think that it turned out pretty!  Enjoy making your own yummy cuppies! 

Salted Caramel Butter cream:
  • 1 stick salted butter
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • Favorite caramel sauce (I make my own)

Beat butter until fluffy. (preferably with the paddle attachment if you have a stand mixer) Add the sugar slowly.  Add salt.  Add you sauce to taste.  (I don't know how much sauce I actually add)

Ganache:
  • 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into very small pieces
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons agave nectar  (or you can use honey)
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
 In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the heavy cream until very hot, DON'T allow to boil!
  Pour the hot cream over the chocolate in a heat safe bowl (Do Not use the saucepan or it will continue to cook and scorch your chocolate) and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. Whisk the cream and chocolate until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add corn syrup, agave, and vanilla. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Do Not let sit for too long or it will harden before it can be drizzled over the frosting.

Strawberry Filling:
  • 2 ½ cups coarsely chopped hulled strawberries
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small sauce pan, stirring constantly and crushing berries with back of spoon. Boil 2 minutes to thicken, stirring constantly (mixture will be slightly chunky) Pour into bowl and cool completely.

 

"Dream as if you'll live forever, eat Cupcakes as if you'll die today."
~ Unknown Author
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment