Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Decoupaged Boxes

Over Christmas I made a few boxes for family for Christmas.  They loved them!  I mad most of them out unfinished wood boxes I found at Michael's.  I wanted to experiment with other materials too, so I tried paper mache boxes as well.  I actually originally found a bunch of recipe boxes made this way on Etsy.com.  I couldn't find one that I really liked at a gift for my Sister in Law so I made one.  I have not figured out the ink distressing so that it looks like all of their yet so I used paint.  I still think that the boxes are gorgeous!  I use acrylic paint, scrapbooking paper, and Mod Podge (in the glossy formula).  I think that I would like to try the matte finish next to see how that looks!  I have a few holidays coming up in which some boxed gifts might be in store.    

Here are my latest creations. 

Leopard print and burlap pattern scrapbook paper on a wooden box. 


This box is paper mache.


This box is paper mache


No comments:

Post a Comment