Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I HEART my Cricut

My best friend's daughter turned 1 last weekend.  I used this opportunity to make a homemade card using my Cricut and a new cartridge that I got for Christmas.  I used the Sweet Treats  cartridge... LOVE IT!  I know that I linked the this to the Cricut website... but don't pay full price for these things!  The go on sale all the time and you can get them on eBay for WAY cheap!!  Actually I just picked up the Mini Monsters cartridge on eBay for only $18.50!! That included shipping! It's normally $49.99! I am going to make the invitations for Lil Mr's FIRST BIRTHDAY party using that cartridge.  That will be another wonderful post... Can't wait!! But here is the card I made...


And I made a cute little gift tag...


And yes I made the ribbon attachment too.  That is too easy!  Just take a look at one next time you are in the store!  I just cut a bunch of curling ribbon and stapled it in the middle to a square of card stock that matched the wrapping paper.  Then I curled the ribbon with my scissors and  I put a little glue dot on the back of the card stock for "stickiness".  Too easy and cost WAY less!  My card was a hit!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! I noticed that you don't pay full price for your cartridges (I don't blame you, neither do I!!) One website to check out (right now that have a lot of cartridges on sale for 14.99) is cricut machine . com (no spaces) I am not affiliated with this website in any way. I just placed an order for 2 cutting mats, spatula, and bought a bundle that included "elmo party" cart, both winnie the pooh carts, two pads of paper and some other things and spent 63.00 with shipping included! Ebay is my backup plan though!! Great prices!!

    Thanks for sharing your creation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I am going to have to look at this!! JoAnn's here in STL is having a sale on cartridges, $24.00 each. I think that the most I have ever ever paid for a cartridge is $24! Thank you so much! I only have 9 cartridges and I share with another person!

      Delete