Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Microwave Popcorn on a Dime

Just as I promised... Microwave Popcorn for a fraction of the cost.

1 box of buttery yummy mini bags of popcorn $2.75 per box (Jolly Time Brand, 100 calorie, healthy pop Butter popcorn, 4 bags per box) That rounds out to about $.68 per serving.  Not bad.
1 bag of Popping Corn $1.48 per 32oz bag (Great Value Brand <Walmart's house brand>)  That rounds out to 16 2 oz servings at $.09 a serving
1 bag of 50 count brown paper bags $.99 rounding out to $.02 a paper bag

$.68 a serving for prepackaged popcorn or $.11 for a DIY bag.  Both done in the microwave.  Your at home bag is healthier too because you add your own toppings.  Spray butter works GREAT!

So if you eat one mini bag a week costing $.68 a bag each year you spend $35.36 roughly.  If you make your own at $.11 you spend $5.72 saving you $29.64  That doesn't sound like much at all.  However if you are like me and you love your popcorn it adds up.  I work five days a week.  I probably take popcorn to work with me 3 of those days at least, and Big B and I eat 2 more mini bags with a movie on Sundays.  So we consume (at least) 5 bags a week.  5 bags was costing us about  $176 a year.  Now I spend about $28 a year.

It's totally worth it if you LOVE popcorn as much as we do!! And c'mon, it really isn't that much more work!!
Happy Popping!




No comments:

Post a Comment