Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Glass etching in your Kitchen

So I decided to finally take my try at glass etching.  The results could have been better, but for my first project it turned out great!  I found the idea on Pinterest and followed it to this blog http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/glass-etching.html where I got the the step by step.  Then it hit me... I could do this with my Cricut!

This is everything that I used for this project
My Cricut
Contact Paper
Glass Etching Cream
Brush

I cut out these flowers using my Cricut from the Walk in my Garden cartridge


Our last name was done with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge


Then slather on the etching cream
The directions on the packaging said wait 60 seconds and the blog said 10 minutes
I am an over achiever so I went with the 10 minutes


Turned out really great


I did a little flower on the bottom too
Walk in my Garden cartridge


So pretty
My favorite part

Pin It

I found the glass etching cream at Michael's.  I took a little bit of calling around.  I called Lowe's and they hung up on me, I think they thought I said ITCHING cream!! I have since decided to look online for it and found it way cheaper EVERYWHERE else.

I think next time I am going to put more cream on and let it sit a little longer.  My next etching project is going to be a couple of cheap wine glasses I have sitting around and a few glass jars I have that I want to turn into mini vases!

**Remember, this is permanent!  The cream is an acid and actually corrodes the surface of the glass to give it that frosty look**

2 comments:

  1. Nice etching!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stinkin cute! and what a great idea to do them on all your glass pans so you never "forget" them at a friend's house! and thank you for hopping along with us during carri's birthday hop and becoming my newest follower!

    ReplyDelete