Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Single Mother of Two

So Big B had back surgery 3 weeks ago today.  Major back surgery.  They went in and cleaned out some damage, fused two discs, and found a broken facet joint.  He was involved in a car accident in 2010, so he has been walking around with a broken bone for a year and a half!  No wonder he was in so much pain.  AND he continued to do his job!!
Picture borrowed from Joint Pain Solutions

However since this surgery I have been running around without a clue.  I went from a wife and mother in a partnership to a woman trying to take care of her recovering hubby and Lil Mr and continue to work full time and try to craft.  I need to make a couple of cards for Valentines Day.  I need to get invitations for Lil Mr's first birthday Monster Bash made.  I still have to practice icing techniques so that his Monster cake is perfect.

I don't have a great post today.  I have taken pictures of all the experimental dinners I made this week.  I took pictures of my single serve Jell-O cups for demonstration.  But I never got anytime to get the images on my computer!  Lil Mr. is a handful when I am doing this all by myself.  I feel for Big B, he can't hold his son, can't play with him, can't toss him around.  Lil Mr. took his first steps 3 weeks ago and Big B had to watch on my iPhone from a hospital bed.  Lil Mr. gets more and more steady each day and Big B can only watch from the recliner in the living room.  I can see it in his eyes that every time Lil Mr. walks over to Daddy and reaches up in the air like he wants to be picked up, my Big B is devastated. 

I do have a tip today (no cool pictures).  I made bath salts and jars of layer homemade hot cocoa for Christmas Presents.  I bought the empty jars at my local hobby store.  However these horrible UPC stickers were GLUED to the bottom.  NOT easy to remove with out leaving a bunch of gooey mess.  So I hopped online hoping to find an answer.  I found a whole bunch that all said to use a hair dryer.  Found it on a blog, on Pinterest, even on Facebook!  But seriously I don't keep my hair dryer in the kitchen.  I tried it anyway.  I blew and blew and blew on these darn stickers with the hair dryer and all it did was overheat.  My youngest sister came over and she is actually the one who showed me a trick.  Pour the hottest water your tap will produce inside the jar.  Let it sit in there for 30 seconds or so.  The sticker comes right off.  Maybe I was doing the hair dryer wrong, I see a similar concept, but it works way better for me this way.  On the plus side, I don't have to trek up stairs and get my hair dryer now either.

I'll show you the homemade bath salts and hot cocoa one day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment