Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Saturday Morning Puffs


These were absolutely heavenly!  They just melted in our mouths!  I make pancakes or waffles every weekend for breakfast, I wanted to change up the routine.  I scoured through the 20 + books and magazines for something quick and easy and delish!  I found the recipe for French Breakfast Puffs in my big Betty Crocker book.  I had everything on hand and it took 30 minutes.  Here is the recipe that I followed.


French Breakfast Puffs
Pin It

 Ingredients:
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 15 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x1 1/4 inches.
Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and the egg thoroughly in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with milk. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of puff comes out clean
Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll hot muffins immediately in melted butter, then in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment