Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Monsters are in the Mail!

Oh my goodness gracious!!  What a week I have had!! I finished working on Lil Mr's birthday party invitations on Monday and they FINALLY made it to the mail box today!! 

Monday night Lil Mr. started running a fever!  I figured he had whatever everyone else had.  He started to get congested and would not eat or drink.  No biggie for one day.  Wednesday morning rolled around (2:30 AM) and Lil Mr. had a 104.7 fever!!! We took him in the doc as soon as we could.  He has a double ear infection.  Poor bubba.  Well we get him on the antibiotics and the diarrhea and the vomiting started Wednesday night.  So until about 2:00 AM Thursday we were at the children's hospital emergency room so he could get some hydration.  He slept all day Thursday and all night last night.  He feels so much better.

I finally got pictures of my Lil Monster's monster invitations.  All done with my Cricut Mini Monsters Cartridge and my Sizzix embosser.  So cute!  Here they are:





I entered these in a Shape card Challenge over at Double Click - AKA Abusybee



And here is how they open up:



Excuse the sloppy "Paint" censoring!


I think they turned out super cute.  However they are pretty big and awkward, so they didn't fit in any of my envelopes I had on hand.  I bought Wausau Stardust envelopes.  I want to say A9 size.  And used this video to make them fit each monster!  Wonderful video!



So now my monsters are in the mail!  I am going to try my hand at a monster cake for Lil Mr's birthday.  I am also going to try some party favors with my Mini Monsters! 

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your little man is sick! Hope he is feeling better! These monster cards are super fun and are sure to be a big hit! You should come on over and enter these at the CCR shape card challenge! Deets are on my blog ( right sidebar!) Happy Crafting!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job, I love Mini Monsters!! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your monster cards are FABULOUS! So many fun invitations. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Lil Mr. is feeling better! And the monster invites turned out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! It looks like you have been busy! Thanks for joining us at the CCR!

    Tracy
    DT2 Member
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your mini monsters shape cards, they look awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO sorry to hear your little man is so sick :( It breaks my heart! And I call my little dude bubba too!!

    Your cards are just WAY TO CUTE! Love all the colors!!! I'm one of your new followers now! I cant wait to see what you create next!!

    And thanks for joining us at the CCR!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete