Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF... Or my head might EXPLODE!

No craft today :(  Just a plain old rant.  I was hoping along Pinterest (I am so addicted) and I found a post that I would like to try one day (maybe even soon) so I followed it back to the originating web page.  I get there and the idea is as easy as it is fabulous!  I get to making conversation about said post with a fellow mother / DIY-er / Pinterest fiend.  Conversation goes well until I make the comment that "Public schools have taken the fun out of bringing treats to school.  I hate that everything has to be store bought and prepackaged. I remember my mom making cupcakes for me for my birthday to share with my friends."  Wow!  That did in the pleasantries.  Well store bought items have an ingredients list and it is for the protection of our children who have allergies (to everything).  Well if your kid has a gluten allergy he / she is not eating cupcakes... weather they are store bought or not.  I do have an ingredients list for my homemade items too.  And you can pronounce all of my ingredients!  Oh and had I known that your kid had that specific allergy I would bake around it.  But store bought it is.  I guees my kids won't take treats to school for their birthday instead I will have them invite their friends over for some of my homemade yummies. 

Sorry for the rambling rant... I just hate it when people try to argue a stupid point.  Like the school that replaced a child's turkey sandwich homemade lunch with the school's chicken nugget lunch because the homemade lunch was not as nutritional???  Private school looks better and better every day!  No seriously... It is a true story!

OK and done!

3 comments:

  1. State employee or not, if someone takes my sons homemade lunch away from him and replaces it with something else, I will lower the boom on them and sue. It's ridiculous these schools these days. And my mom use to do the same thing for my brother and I with the cupcakes (even though my birthday was before school even started for the year, lol). Then one day my mom came up to bring cupcakes and a teacher told her she couldn't pass them out. She was furious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sad... My homemade cupcakes have an ingredient list too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like that they bring in store bought stuff. You don't know how other people bake or cook and do they wash their hands and all that stuff. I am picky about things like that! My oldest went to private school and they have problems just like public schools do. What makes the most difference is the PARENTS. Involved parents make all the difference in the world! (And my kids never eat school lunch, they always take their own. We know what they are eating every day!)

    ReplyDelete