Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will follow you!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I am so excited about The Lorax coming out!  I love Dr. Seuss!  Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!  

Today in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday most schools participated in "Read Across America".  Did I mention that I am a school resource officer right now.  Couldn't beat the hours.  Anyway another Police Officer was invited to read to the students at one of the elementary schools that he is responsible for.  He invited me along.  So I got to read Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss to 4th grade class.  It was really fun!  I even got a little certificate for it.  I am so glad that the other Police Officer invited me along.  He read And to think I saw it on Mulberry Street By Dr. Seuss.



I even wore a silly Cat in the Hat hat just like this!

It was also a little nostalgic for me as well.  My grandfather was a teacher and really instilled a love of reading (and Dr. Seuss) into us.  His favorite Dr. Seuss book was Oh, the Places You'll Go!  We lost my grandfather in 2006 and I miss him dearly!  So it was kind of him saying he's still looking out for me.  (we didn't pick our books)

What a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I JUST made the first Dr. Seuss image you have for my son on my Cameo the other night!!!

    Just wanted to stop in and say "thanks" for becoming a follower!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete